September 11 - 18, 2021
Indulge your love of orientale dance while experiencing the culture, cuisine, and sunshine of the beautiful Greek islands.
Indulge your love of oriental Egyptian, American, and Lebanese dance styles while experiencing the culture, cuisine, and sunshine of Greece and the beautiful Aegean Sea. Yes, we are returning to the warm and wonderful beaches of Naxos, Greece, for our 2021 Sands of Time Retreat. Stay in a typical Greek family-owned hotel on Naxos Island, just steps from one of the island’s most beautiful beaches, Agia Anna.
Learn technique and choreography from master bellydance instructors Faten, Victoria Teel, and Lebanese Simon, whose extensive expertise covers the spectrum of Egyptian, American bellydance and Lebanese dance, from its folkloric roots all the way to more modern interpretations.
This 6-day, 7-night retreat offers you the unique opportunity to learn from these three renowned instructors in a small class setting. Dancers in all stages of their dance journey are welcome.
The retreat is structured to encompass 28 hours of dance instruction as well as plenty of free time to relax and explore Naxos. The day begins with breakfast featuring traditional Greek offerings. Lunch will be on your own, to you select from a multitude of small restaurants, including some where you can enjoy your meal on a chaise lounge facing the sea and be served seaside. We will regroup in the evening to dine in quaint Greek tavernas, with the exception of Monday when you have the afternoon class-free and Wednesday when you have the entire day off.
Our meals together offer you the opportunity to ask Faten, Victoria, and Simon about their extensive dance experiences and all things related to dance.
Wednesday will be a free day, no class. You can spend the day relaxing on the beach, hopping the local bus to the capitol of Naxos to visit the historic area and enjoy a little shopping. There is even time to take the morning ferry for a day trip to beautiful Mykonos Island. These activities are not included in your package, but we can provide you with information and approximate costs.
On the final night in Naxos, we’re planning a bellydance hafla in a beautiful beachside restaurant. We hope you will consider packing a costume and sharing your talent with the group.
• 7 nights in hotel (9/11 until 9/18)
• 28 hours of dance instruction with 3 master instructors
• Evening dance discussions
• Breakfast and dinner (not included Monday and Wednesday to allow free time)
• Transport between Naxos Airport of Chora Port to hotel on arrival and departure
Early bird – deposit due by March 1, 2021:
• $2,125 – double occupancy
• $2,475– single occupancy
• $1,200 – non-dancer rate, double occupancy (includes hotel, breakfast and dinner (except on 9/13 and 9/15), and arrival and departure transport between airport or port and hotel
After March 1, 2021:
• $2,425 – double occupancy
• $2,775 – single occupancy
• $1,500 – non-dancer rate, double occupancy, includes hotel, breakfast and dinners (except 9/13 and 9/15), and arrival and departure transport between airport or port and hotel
*600 deposit, non-refundable and non-transferrable unless minimum enrollment levels are not met. If we are forced to cancel the retreat, your deposit will be refunded in full. Space is limited. Registration deadline is June 30, 2021. Early registration is recommended to secure your space.
Payment plan available upon request
Final payment due August 30, 2021